The rolling hills and natural beauty of Garrett County make it a central destination for golfers of all kinds. Everyone from the seasoned professional to the novice golfer will enjoy the challenge and variety of these 7 unique golf destinations all within an hour’s drive of the Savage River Lodge. Make it your goal to try a new course each time you visit!
- To start, we are right down the road from Winnfield Golf Course. A casual golf experience and staff favorite! This is a great course for guests who want to stick close to the Lodge, or for those just getting their feet wet in the game of golf! Book our Winnfield Golf Package and don’t worry about a thing, we’ll book your tee times and even provide a shuttle!
- East of the Lodge just past Cumberland, MD, sits Rocky Gap Casino Resort, and Maryland’s only Jack Nicklaus signature golf course. The view of Lake Habeeb with the majestic Allegany Mountains in the background can’t be beat.
- Next, drive up to Farmington, Pa. to Nemacolin Woodlands Resort. Take your pick from two PGA Tour tested courses, Mystic Rock, designed by the legendary Pete Dye, and The Links. Touted as the #1 Public Course in Pennsylvania, and among the Top 100 Courses in the United States by Golfweek in 2015, Mystic Rock is a must-see for golfers in the area.
- Just 20 minutes from the Lodge sits The Golf Club at Maplehurst, a private 18-hole golf course, situated right in the town of Frostburg. Make this drive into Frostburg a day trip. Enjoy walking the streets of small town America, and grab an iced coffee at the coffee shop.
- Just south of us, near the West Virginia border sits Fore Sisters, an 18-hole golf course. Their slogan says that “3 out of 4 nuns agree, it’s heaven on earth!”
- The Golf Club at Oakland is a beautifully historic spot just past Deep Creek Lake. It’s home to the annual Western Maryland Amateur Championship in August, various leagues and even a Women’s Golf Association!
- Last but not least, head west to visit Wisp Resort’s Lodestone Golf Club. This Hale Irwin Signature 18-hole public golf course boasts a modern, trail-style course with some of the largest greens on the east coast. When the snow melts, Fantasy Valley golf course emerges from the base of Wisp’s many ski slopes.
We’ve even created a new package to elevate your golfing experience. Our Winnfield Golf Package includes your choice of 9 or 18 holes of golf at Winnfield Golf Course, and a shuttle to and from the course! And we have plenty of extras to make your experience even more memorable, like fresh picnic lunches straight from our kitchen, golf merchandise, and beer to go?
For more information, visit our website or speak with one of our Guest Services Representatives at 301-689-3200.